Thursday, March 13, 2008

Another four letter "L" word

If a pill existed, I'd take it
Just to get over the pain
Of never again being in your arms
Or feeling your touch again

If a time machine existed, I'd get in it
Just to find my way back to you
To say the things I should have said
And to do the things I was too afraid to do

But our love was so very tainted
It was wrong, but it felt so right
Our days were filled with laughter
And unimaginable passion filled our nights

At some point I realized that the love was not real
It was a fantasy that we both fulfilled
And nothing so sweet could remain
When the depth was no more than mere thrills

Lust is another four letter "L" word
I think we both hypnotized by it
Lies is another four letter "L" word
And at the time it had a better fit

Than to tell the truth and be honest
Enough to admit that the end was near
We ran from it and into each other's arms so many nights
Because our hearts were filled with fear

Sometimes you find the right one
But the time isn't right; you know
Like maybe we were too young or maybe we were too broke
Or maybe we were too impatient to go slow

Regardless of what happened with us
I just wish I could take back the pain
Because even though our love wasn't real
I'd wish we were back friends again






Copyright ©2008 Attica Lundy

No comments: