Wednesday, October 31, 2007

This is Love

I never was introduced to it before
Never knew a kindness of this sort
Always wanted to touch a soul
That would be the other half of mine
Now I know what what it feels like to smile
All the time

I always fantasized on how it would feel
To be a part of a lifetime goal
Never wanted my dreams to never come true
Always knew that I'd find you
And that love would find me, too
Forever more

This is love
I know it has to be
Because I'm smiling
Even at times I should not be
And I'll be damned if I let you go
I'll die first, this I know.

When I walked down that isle
And I saw you standing there
My heart did flips and smiled
I told my Uncle "look at him, that's my future"
I didn't worry about anything more
This is love

Commitment, honesty, and truth
Conversation, and more when we said "I do"
I feel God smiling on us, I know he's happy that I changed
From a little girl into a grown woman
Who lives to feel his grace

There's no rhyme or forms
This is not a poem
It's what I'm feeling right now
And what I've been feeling all along
We're happy together, completing each other all through
I love and am in love with you

Copyright ©2007 Attica Lundy

No comments: