Saturday, May 10, 2008

Just Make Me Happy

Just make me happy
Stop and think about what I'd like
Take some time out from being self consumed
And consider what would make me feel alright

You know the things that make me smile
You know how to touch me the right way
When times are hard, I may need a little giggle
After a hard day, I may need to play

When we talk, it's mostly about things that are serious
The bills, the kids, the stress
But how about coming up with stimulating conversation
Or saying "we're going out, so go upstairs and get dressed"

It doesn't take a lot of effort
To bring joy to someone you love
But for whatever reasons that doesn't seem to be a priority
For some reason you forgot about the compassionate parts of love

It's not about the cuddling
Though that is nice enough
It's not about the sex
Of course that's needed, but sometimes I yearn for a different touch

Like sometimes declare you'll cook dinner
Or send me a text saying "I love you"
Leave a love note under my pillow
Ask me "Is there anything that you'd like me to do?"

Just make me feel super special
Make me the Queen of your kingdom all the time
Turn my tear drops to champagne kisses
When my day is cloudy, demand the sun to shine

GO out of your way for me more frequently
You know I do the same for you
If you truly love me, then you'll want to just make me happy
If you truly love me, that's not a hard thing to do.

Copyright ©2008 Attica Lundy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, sometimes things do get complacent...so your poem really hit me hard. This is the same thing I've been going through. I really enjoy your poetry and look forward to reading it. I guess I'll have to look at it on this site since you hardly post on MySpace anymore...but I'm a fan so I'll come here more often. You always seem to hit home.
Thanks
Jill

DearTrapMary said...

Sorry for the delayed response. You are most welcome:)