Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Shattered

Seemingly
Love is so unkind
Like nothing matters
In the path in which we find
Our two heartbeats
beating in union-now it's so faint
And you are comatose
And it's too much for me to take
My heart is shattered
And love pours from it's own veins
And I am broken
Because I may never see you again
Please come back, baby
Our love needs to grow even more
I can't lose you
Please walk back in the door

Tears
Flow from my eyes
They will not stop
I feel like drowning in them some more
I cannot touch you
Can't take away your pain
And I can't find you
I don't have the strength to abstain
From hurting so much
From hurting so deep
I cannot breathe
I cannot sleep
Will you just come back
Don't go into the light
We can make it through this
We can put up the greatest fight

I feel shattered
Today you had your surgery
And now you're in a coma
Are you dreaming of you and me
Is our love
Enough for you to come back
Or will you leave me now
And throw me all off track

Your laughter still remains in my mind
Your keeps my heart beating still inside
I don't want to lose you
I've lost too much before
Please be strong enough for us both
And fight for us some more.

Don't leave me shattered.........

Copyright ©2008 Attica Lundy

2 comments:

Muze said...

this is a very powerful piece of prose you have crafted. i especially feel the emotions @ Will you just come back
Don't go into the light
We can make it through this
We can put up the greatest fight

DearTrapMary said...

Thank-you :)
Sorry for the delay in responding to your comment.