Thursday, November 1, 2007

3 Day

Rhyme

As a poet, I have rhythem in my step, movement, and stride

As a woman, I can't keep my feet to co-inside

Co-habitation has been my largest flaw

Cause he ain't buying what he already saw

Damn, shouldn't give it up so soon, so fast

3 day rule got me screwed up, so I gotta change from the past

but...damn, his cologne just smells so good

And though i try to stay away, i'm all up in his hood

Talkin' 'bout, can i come see you and how you been

knowing all along i just want to touch his smooth skin

and feel his whole body on top of mine

Making rhymes to my rhythem and rhythem to my rhyme.

That's poetry in the making

But not the kind that is deep

Well, perhaps it is deep

But that's our secret to keep

Okay, so i'm hooked on his body, but this time imma walk

If I keep giving it up, he won't marry me - real talk

But oh, I love him so, love listening to him speak

Love his laughter, his eyes, and his snore when he sleeps

Love his jokes and his manerism...I even love when he's mad

I'm so in love with this man, now ain't that real sad?

Naw...this is love. And love is good and it's bad

So i'll try to change my rhyme and my rhythem and stay in my own bed.
Copyright ©2006 Attica Lundy

No comments: