Thursday, November 1, 2007

Greywall

HE......... be dat niggah from around the way

"Oh, that's Zulu's cousin" is what they would say

Dark skinned brother with a glisten in his eye

Casanova by clique, cause back then that was fly

Too much to handle, I knew that drama would be deep

And he was too much into the ladies, so way too much for me to keep

And back then I was playing or tied down so I couldn't oblige

Cause if I tried him and got caught i'd get a pop in the eye

So I stayed young, didn't act grown, and just forgot he exists

Never thinking about the opportunities that I could have missed

Turned a deaf ear to the crowd if they mentioned his name

But always cheered him on (on the sly) at the school's ball games

I was just a little girl in this boy's eyes

and so way off limits - that I couldn't disquise

Now we grown with kids of our own and things have changed

"Wassup Miss A?" and i'm like "What??!" and now the day done came

What the phuck? I don't know...but Imma see for a bit

Cause the lovin' is so strong, and the phuckin' is DA SHIT

But I want more, cause now I just can't get enough

It's not just the sex, even though I like it when the shit get's rough

It's not the smile, even though it makes my knees weak

It's not the voice, even though it puts me deep in my sleep

It's not the money- hell, i'm grown and I make enough for me

It's not the status, hell, we grown and what we do - folks don't see

It's just that I see him in my future and can visulize him in my life

And right now i'm his lady, but I want to become his wife

I think we'll do just fine if we go there, but he's on the stall

I want him 100% or nothing at all

So Imma sit back and look, but for me in the end,

We cool as hell as lovers, and we friends till the end

So we gonna do this, and I hope he sees what I see

Cause our love is too good for us to let it fall off like leaves.
Copyright ©2005 Attica Lundy

No comments: