Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Innocent One

The Lie called Love has stolen my innocence away

this autumn day

and as I lay there in the mist of it all

I cry tears of lost emotion

Feeling nothing as he lay hovered above me

because all the pain is gone

Gone forever are the storybook dreams

that he had told me

Only the rush of resentment;

Is this how it is to be?

I am a child of God,

have I lost my place in heaven?

What sins have resulted in this,

What crime?

So alone now am I.

Shame

Don't say my name

call me something else,

something new

a name for this new person that you created

because the old me,

the whole me,

the innocent one has left the room.

Your gifts mean nothing

they are not from the heart;

they are from the mind.

Premeditated attempts to win back my love

and to hush my attempts to cry.

Win back my love?

Well, man, what is love?

What I thought was love can never be.

I am a child,

so I play by your rules.

But you can never take my soul away,

or my mind.

So when you are raping me

I cannot feel you.

I am the innocent one.
Copyright ©2007 Attica Lundy

No comments: