Thursday, November 1, 2007

The End of Love

Love was when i loved you
When I waited for your call
When I came out in the middle of the night
No matter how near or far
Love was when there were moments
And love was when there were smiles
Love was when I'd lay down my life
If it would keep you from harm
Love was when it mattered
Love was when there was a chance
Love was when there were stars in the sky
And the sweet nector of romance
Love was when you completed me
Love was at "hello"
Love was never doubting
How far I would go
Love was pretty and golden
Love was never afraid
Love was holding hands
And always feeling brave
Love was sacrifice
Love was all there was
Love was any and everything
Love didn't have a cost
Love was truth and honor
Love was breathing in your soul
Love was keeping cool in the summer
And love was staying warm when it was cold
Love was rainy nights in the darkness
Love was timeless then
But nothing lasts forever
And now love has come to an end
Copyright ©2007 Attica Lundy

No comments: