Thursday, November 1, 2007

Light

Leave the light on for me
I'm coming home
It's such a relief to find comfort in you
Keeper of my soul
And while the angels watch over me
It still is not the same
As the warmth that I can only pray for
From the hold of your strong embrace
I am but a woman
Who in the past found comfort in man
But it wasn't until I learned a greater joy
Of saying a prayer and ending it with amen
You were always here for me
Right from the very start
It just took a while for me to recongnize
That you were the missing part
For so long I felt so empty
And i'd shed tears from pain inside
But now my tears are from pure joy
Tears I need not to hide
And one day when you call me home
I will not fight at all
I'll gladly go where you will me to
totally, completly, and all.
Copyright ©2007 Attica Lundy

No comments: