Thursday, November 1, 2007

My Thoughts Tonight

I can't count the times
Peace breathed into me new dreams and goals
And I know i'm getting older, but there's still a twinkle in my eyes
Especially when i'm with him on those hot summer nights
And we never fight
Because we know that this is right
Jesus gave so much so that we could make it through the fights
Untouched by evil ways
And have many "better" days
And that's where I am right now
In love with God's pure grace
Married to his truth
Guided by his hand
I found this without man
The guide was already there
Bible verses, scriptures, and the knowledge inside my soul
That's why I always make my goal
Because I don't seek things selfishly
I give what I give and take only what I need
But I work hard for what I have
All this strength in these little hands
And a smile that blesses everyone who's honored with my time
I'm here to please my maker and that is why I shine
And i'm not boasting, bragging, or conceited
I'm just happy-that's what you see.
Happy being me.
Inside this beautiful skin he made me in.
Happy with where he's put me.
Content with love that's true.
And even the hurdles i've been through
have made me more of a woman, so it wasn't in vain.
Do you know what is insane?
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
And that's not what i'm about.
I'm about perfecting what's already in sight.
And I give with all my might.
But it's success that I get in return...
So let the fires burn,
Because I can't be touched by flames.
The lioness inside of me has finally been taimed.
And I'm feeling free again.
Free to do the things that I want to without worry.
And I can take my time, there is no hurry.
And though you probably don't understand,
Trust that God always has a plan.
Copyright ©2007 Attica Lundy

No comments: