Thursday, November 1, 2007

Looking Back

Looking back on it all now

We gave our very best

Put temptations to the test

And we won

And we failed

And we tried so often it became more of a job

So we said goodbye

And went on to live seperate lives

But the love-it never died

And even now sometimes I cry

Because I still really, really miss you.

So here I am....

Stripped of all my pride

And i'm wondering if you have grown

As I have grown

And i'm hoping we can begin again

Having learned so much

Can we give it another try

Not just as lovers, but also as old friends

Cause I hear the places you have been

Have led you back to a place

Where a familiar face

Could make you smile...you've traveled miles....

But your heart is still very much with me

And there's not a reason I can see

That we can't be for each other what we were meant to be

Had our stupidity not made us lose our way.
Copyright ©2006 Attica Lundy

No comments: