Thursday, November 1, 2007

My Platform

I shy away from the norm
No certain truths hold me barred
No certain ideals represent my platform
No certain chains hold me down

I am my own woman
Representing ME in all that I am
Respecting ME inside and out
Portraying ME and no others

I fear only GOD
I put no man before my maker
Nothing shiny or large can make me wonder
I am certain of this before all else

I speak Truth with no words or sounds
Hypnotic with tales of my life
Hpnotic when day turns to night
Herotic when it comes to my stride

A new day must come
When we recreate ourselves each day, make new
When we utilize ALL of our tools
To be what we can be

I'll start today
For me, i'll pave the way
And tonite, on my knees i'll pray
That you all will do the same.
Copyright ©2007 Attica Lundy

No comments: